Supports horses recovering from gastric ulcers.
What is GastroAID Recovery?
GastroAID Recovery (formerly GastroAID Digestive) is Kelato’s ultimate supplement, targeting both foregut and hindgut health, supporting recovery from gastric ulcers and other common digestive conditions.
GastroAID Recovery is unique as it provides the “coating agents” pectin and lecithin, which form a barrier over the stomach wall to protect it from acid burn and strengthen the mucosal lining.
GastroAID Recovery is designed for horses with equine gastric ulcer syndrome (EGUS), horses recovering from EGUS, or those under a significant amount of stress. If your horse is prone to developing gastric ulcers, we recommend using GastroAID Recovery during stressful periods.
How does it work?
- Moderates Gut Transit Time: Wholegrain oat flour delays stomach emptying to maintain a healthy rate of food passage through the digestive system, allowing for optimal digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Buffers Gastric Acid: Antacids stabilise (buffer) stomach pH to help reduce irritation to the stomach lining.
- Coats Stomach Lining: Pectin forms a gel-like layer over the stomach to help to protect the lining from the corrosive effects of gastric acid.
- Strengthens Stomach Lining: Lecithin is a phospholipid that improves the integrity of the epithelial cells to help maintain a healthy stomach lining.
- Promotes Beneficial Microbes: Levucell SC® live yeast probiotic reduces lactic acid in the hindgut (stabilises pH) and stimulatesthe growth and activity of beneficial bacteria for optimal feed conversion efficiency.
Features & Benefits
- Ultimate gut support
- Superior feed conversion
- Effective pre- & probiotics
A healthy digestive system means a healthier horse. GastroAID Recovery will help bring your horse back to its full potential by:
- Optimising total gut function
- Protecting total gut health
- Improving feed conversion efficiency
GastroAID Recovery helps your horse’s gut better cope with the stresses of exercise, stabling, travelling and competition. You will start to notice positive changes in your horse such as improvements in:
- Ability to perform
- Body condition
- Coat quality
- Manure consistency
- Wholegrain oat flour
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Calcium carbonate
- Magnesium oxide
- Agrimos® prebiotic (Mano-Oligosaccharides and Beta-Glucans)
- Levucell SC® probiotic (Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain SC l-1077)
- Lucerne meal
- Aniseed flavouring
- Calcium propionate (preservative)
Directions for use
Feed 50g per 100kg of bodyweight, split over 2 feeds. Introduce GastroAID Recovery gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
The following table can help you quickly identify the required feeding rate.*
g per day
Scoops per feed
GastroAID Recovery is safe to feed long-term. GastroAID Recovery is also safe to feed to foals and youngstock at a rate of 50g per 100kg bodyweight (divided over two feeds).
NB – GastroAID Recovery is not permitted within one clear day of racing.
- 5.25kg (21 days supply)*
- 10.5kg (42 days supply)*